|1850's Coral & Sterling Rosary in Silver Box w St Anthony of Padova Medallion XR
Condition: Used - Very Good
GENUINE ANTIQUES AND VINTAGES, COLLECTIBLE
ROSARIES, IN PERFECT CONDITION, UNIQUE ITEMS TO CHERISH AND OFFER.
All Antique and
Vintage Rosaries that I list come from my private collection. They are genuine
antiques – older than 100 years – or genuine vintages – from 30 to 100 years
old. All are in perfect condition and still very much usable. They are unique
and a real pleasure to collect or still use.
The items in this listing are very rare and exquisite and have the following characteristics:
A) The Rosary
1) The rosary is a 5 decade Catholic Rosary made with top quality Sardinia Coral beads. All metal parts are Sterling Silver.
2) The hallmarks on the cross, as well as that on the center, is a French hallmark representing a weevil.
This hallmark was used from 1838 to 1893 to certify that imported items into France had a Silver content of at least 800/1000.
Therefore these hallmarks allow us to date the rosary to a period ranging from 1838 to 1893 - this is why 1850 is a reasonable inference.
3) Beads are top quality Sardinian Coral. Such coral is very rare nowadays as harvesting is forbidden.
Beads have 4 mm diameter for Aves and 5 mm mm for the Paters.
4) The cross is 40 x 20 mm and the total length of the rosary is 30 centimeters. It will not go over the head to be worn.
5) The weight of the rosary is 8.5 grams .
6) This rosary is greatly attractive, of extreme rarity and this is a unique opportunity to own such an old item in such an excellent pristine condition.
B) The Box
1) The rosary is presented in a sterling silver box with a medallion depicting Saint Anthony of Padova and which is best described in the pictures. The Box is in excellent condition
2) The box is not of the same period and is hallmarked with a 925 Stamp for Sterling Silver.
This hallmark is well seen on the photos : a Crescent and Crown which is the German Sterling Silver hallmark.
FS letters are the maker's letters for Franz Scheurle who worked from 1903 to 1970. The style of the box may allow me to date the box in the mid 1930's.
3) The weight of the box is 19.5 grams. Dimensions are 40 x 30 mm.
This is a set of great beauty and extreme rarity that will be unique in any collection.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. Please use the zoom feature.
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
This is a magnificent item that you will greatly
enjoy or that would make a fantastic gift.
My selling principle is : " SATISFACTION OR
REFUND " AND IT APPLIES 100 %. I am ready to refund in totality any item
sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase
ASKED - NO CONDITIONS
BUY WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE
|Return Policy:||Items must be returned within 14 days .
Refund will be given as Money back.
Refund policy details:
DETAILS ARE SPECIFIED IN THE LISTING.
REFUND AT BUYER'S DISCRETION : REFUND, EXCHANGE OR MERCHANDISE CREDIT.
|Insurance:||Not Offered (Domestic)