The very rare and large item in this listing has the following characteristics:
This is a Bavarian Catholic 5 decade rosary dating from the early 19th century, Beidermeier period ( 1815-1850). It is made of Sterling filigree Silver and natural genuine Black Garnet stones.
1. 10 mm average dia. Vintage Black Garnet faceted beads for the Ave Marias with an awesome dark color and beautiful shine.
2. 13 mm dia. Filigree Silver Pater Beads typically Bavarian, with two small sterling beads on each side
3. STERLING SILVER Filigree Bavarian Reliquary cross 70 X 50 mm with Ceramic inserts on both sides. Please look at the picture closely.
The cross contain s a sealed relic as most Bavarian early rosaries do.
4. Large Credo Cross typical of the Bavarian Rosaries is 45 x 45 mm
5. Total length of the rosary is 58 cm (23.2 in.)
Will easily go over the head and be worn.
This is a typical example of the Antique Bavarian Filigree silver Rosaries in 5 decades. It is a great and very rare item, in pristine condition to own in a collection as well as use in every-day life.
It is exceptional as complete and in very nice condition, dating from the early 19th century - practically 200 years old.
All Pictures are an intrinsic part of the description. Please use the zoom function
Please do not hesitate to ask any question.
I remain at disposal for any further info about Bavarian Rosaries.