Special: a Unique, magnificient Islamic Prayer Bead Strand – Tesbih – with 99 beads made from an extremely rare wood essence. MUSEUM QUALITY
You are presented here with an exceptional Prayer Bead Strand that is entirely hand carved by a master Bead carver in the traditional Ottoman style: Late Master Edirneli Ali Usta.
Close up pictures show the main beads and separators and the very skillful carving as well as the beautiful shape of the beads, which, with the main bead carving are of typical old ottoman carving.
Take a special look at the 9 CAPTIVE RINGS carved within the main beads.
This is one of such items, which is made of rare wood essences, taken from the most perfect part of the tree ( or seed) a true rarity with impeccable carving.
1) Wood Essence : EXTREMELY RARE PINK IVORY . Berchemia Zeyheri
2) Tassel : Of same beads – very rare and elegant. Very special as may be seen from close up. Ottoman style
3) General : 99 Beads of ” turnip shaped pointed spheres ” – typical Ottoman called SHALGAMY shape.
4) Large beads for such a wood : 10,25 x 10,25 mm
5) Total weight 58.4 grams – Total Length 72 cm wih tassel and 58 cm without. – LARGE ITEM
6) Total 19 Captive rings : 6 on the main bead 2 on the separator beads and 1 on the end bead.
7) Notice the perfect carving of the large separators that match the end bead.
HIGHEST QUALITY OF PINK IVORY WOOD AND EXCEPTIONAL COLOR, EXCEPTIONAL CARVING
NOWHERE ELSE PINK IVORY PRAYER BEADS ARE AVAILABLE
WIKIPEDIA ON PINK IVORY
Pink Ivory (Berchemia zeyheri), also called Red Ivory, umNini or umGoloty, is a very rare African wood used to make luxury products (for example billiard cues and knives). The Pink Ivory tree grows predominantly in Zimbabwe, Mozambique and South Africa. The wood is extremely hard, with a density of 990 g/dm³.
· Pink Ivory is the royal tree of the Zulus because only the royal family were allowed to possess the wood. Anyone else possessing the wood (including foreigners) was said to be punished with death. (The death sentence was only a legend to scare people and emphasize the rarity of the wood.)
· These tesbihs made of rare wood essence are considered to be the “purest” of all as the material of which they are made is simple, beautiful and natural and with noble intrinsic beauty given to it by the Creator. Such items are extremely hard to find in such perfect condition
This is a very pleasant, original, rarely seen and beautiful item that you will greatly enjoy or that would make a fantatstic gift. It is presented at a low price for such a quality and material. The knowledgeable amateur should not miss this particular item .
SEE DETAILED PHOTOS – They are an instrinsic part of the description
==== FREE SHIPPING WORLDWIDE ====
My selling principle is :
“SATISFACTION OR REFUND ” AND IT APPLIES 100 %.
I am ready to refund in totality any item sold by me if you are not fully satisfied with your purchase
NO QUESTIONS ASKED – NO CONDITIONS
BID WITH COMPLETE CONFIDENCE